Monday, March 8, 2010

HEY APATHY! ONLINE COMIC PAGE 14


HEY APATHY! online alternative comic page 14. These panels represent my personal intimidations and inspirations derived from the monstrous metropolis. Overwhelmed by the enormity and endlessly confused powers of communication expelled within the city, I have often felt as insignificant as a faceless little bubble person can possibly feel. How can anyone make a difference, have a voice, or even just feel as though he or she even matters. Ah the myth of Sisyphus , only in the case the futility of the anti heroes boulder takes the form of mark making with ink on paper.


After my first exhibition of artworks I became doubly aware of the mass hypnosis of superficial and commercial ideologies rampant in the streets and screens and ultimately minds of the metropolis and it's inhabitants. In order to pursue my artistic endeavours I returned to my studio in an attempt to take the battle up a notch. See what happens next week, (maybe sooner but this is only one of three projects plus never ending commissioned artworks I've got going on simultaneously) If you can’t wait you can always check out more online and independently published comics on my brutally designed home made website. All apologies for the mess over there, I’m just trying to catalogue everything chronologically and I plan to bring in a designer soon to put up a proper home page and clean up my mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment